Tuesday 19 April 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Today I thought I’d write about some of my guilty pleasures. My MS can really get me down sometimes and these are a few things (that I wouldn’t ordinarily let people know) that really cheer me up!  I’ll share mine if you lot write your list down too. So here we go….
Eating strange meals
A real pleasure of mine is eating meals which are in no way nutritious and to a lot of people would just seem a bit strange. My favourite is to eat a plate of cold roast potatoes. I know its unhealthy and a bit odd but I’m sure if Jimi Hendrix hadn’t found drugs he would have found roast potatoes instead. Just as addictive but all within the law.
Whole bottle of red wine to your self
This is one I don’t recommend you do very often but I love staying up late, watching bad TV and having a glass or 4 of wine on my own. This often leads to talking/arguing with the TV and often regrettable drunk phones calls and texting. A word of advice, hide your mobile.
TOWIE
The Only Way is Essex is my latest guilty pleasure. I’m an Essex girl myself but I love watching people having the same conversations that my friends and I have. It also is easily the most quotable programme on tv.Have a look here
Duvet days
The BEST way to spend a Sunday is with a ‘Duvet Day’. Theres nothing quite like having a bath, getting back into pyjamas, duvet on the sofa and settling down to a Come Dine with Me Marathon…The only thing that would make it better is if Roger Federer would share it with me lol  
Horrible histories
Yes, it’s a kids programme and yes, I love it. Its one of the few things on TV that gives me proper belly laughs every time I watch it. I know its aimed at kids but there are a few laughs for adults too (either that or I’m very easily amused!)  Have a look here
YouTube karaoke
This is the guilty pleasure that I’m least proud of. I LOVE YouTube Karaoke. I’d be surprised if I could win you guys over on that one, but next time you’ve had a few drinks just go on it and I promise a good time J

Right well that’s just about all of them but as I’ve told you mine you lot have to tell me yours!!
Next week I’m going to write about some cheats and tips that will make putting on make-up and doing hair easier if you have weak or shaky hands and arms. If any of you have any cheats please e-mail (indieclaire@hotmail.co.uk) them to me or on Twitter @clairedellow even if they seem obvious because you will be helping a lot of women J
Take care guys!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I could have written your "Duvet Day" paragraph myself. They are my FAVOURITE things to do on a Sunday. Sometimes, I actually record hours of CDWM and watch them in my PJs on the sofa on random weekdays... heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I have 'OnDemand' on my TV and it automatically records CDWM and I have about 4 hours recorded everyday!! I'm a very lucky (but very lazy)girl x

    ReplyDelete