Friday 15 April 2011

Top 10 things I couldn't live without

I thought I’d let you guys get to  know me a bit better by writing the top 10 thing I couldn’t live without (hense the title) so here goes.
Music
 I know it’s a bit of a cliché but I music is so important to me. It’s a real escape for me to listen to music and even more when I can play it myself. I play piano and the feeling when you ‘ve learnt a new piece or just playing with friends is amazing. I have my iPod on constantly even when I sleep! It helps me switch off and relax and for music to be that powerful I think is pretty amazing!
Slanket
For those of you who don’t know, a Slanket is a double size blanket with sleeves, so you can stay cosy and still use your arms and I wouldn’t be without mine now. And for you lovers out there, there are Slankets with two set of sleeves!!  Have a look here
Mash
Yep that’s right, Mashed potatoes. Nothing like a bit of comfort food if you ask me J
Tea
Ok, so sometime I have to drink it out of a beaker in case I spill it, but I can’t function unless I have 4/5 cuppa’s a day! TickRock Redbush is my tea of choice, naturally sweet so no need for sugar and caffeine free so you can have it before you go to bed. WIN!
Family
A corny one but I think its true. I’m so lucky that I have a really understanding and supportive family who try their best to help how and when they can.  My twin brother actually did a dissertation on MS before I was diagnosed while he was at University so I can always go to him if I’ve read something I don’t understand and he can explain in a way a thickie like me will get. My baby brother (18) can always make me laugh which is so important to me. They’re always there for me and I couldn’t love my parents or my brothers more.
Friends
I also have a great group of friends and it always amazes me how relaxed they are about changing plans if I’m having a relapse to make it so that I can still go out with them. They can always make me belly laugh and always get in the first round of drinks…what more could a girl want?!
BarryM Dazzle dust
I’m a bit of a magpie when it comes to small shiney objects so when I found these eye shadows in every colour you can imagine I nearly exploded with excitement! They can be a bit awkward to open if you have problem with your hands but they last for ages and are easy to use with fingers instead of brushes which make it and a lot easier to apply. Have a look here
Comedy
I love going to live comedy shows as well as comedy films and tv shows. I’ve always been brought up to not take myself too seriously and I think that’s helped me get through the last three years. My particular favourites are ‘Look around you’, ‘Spaced’, ‘Family Guy’ and ‘Peep show’ if you haven’t seen them then do check them out, guaranteed laughs.
Laptop
I have an admission to make…I’m a geek. I love my laptop I’m on it far too much but it allows me to research, play and keep in touch with friends. I’ve also found a website called Shift.ms which allows me to talk to other young people in the same situation as me. Plus it's pink!!
Art
Art is my passion. I love drawing and seem to have become resident tattoo designer for my friends which is so much fun. I have 15 tattoos myself and love the history and meanings behind traditional Japanese and Navy tattoos. My favourite artist is Paul Cezanne, his use of colour and brushstrokes are beautiful but do look at James Hance too. He does a lot of Star Wars themed pictures which are brilliant and funny.

So what are your top ten things? Be interested to know if I’m the only one who couldn’t live without these things J
Keep in touch
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment